
Hey everyone! The first post was from Taylor and this one's from Anne! I'm sure his will be like 3 sentences and mine will be about 3 paragraphs, so it'll be easy to tell who wrote what - ha. We're having a garage sale this Saturday (the 5th of May), packing up next Friday (the 11th), Taylor heads up to WA on the 15th, I party with Lauryn (roomie forever in my heart) from the 18th-20th, I see and hang out with lots of family and friends, and then I leave on the 26th.
I'm almost done with my first year of teaching(!!!!!) They even signed the papers for me to continue being a teacher... in other words: I passed!!! haha Taylor keeps telling me he's just sure my 2nd year will be 10 times better. Really and truly this year was pretty good, and I definitely learned a lot. Plus, now I have some great Kindergarten stories of crazy kids that I'm sure I can come up with if you just get me going. It's amazing the things that a Kindergarten teacher forgets are funny because of how normal they are in her class! I've had a number of people tell me I should start a book now and that they're sure Kindergarten teachers could make it as stand-up comedians.
There are some changes I am definitely ready for though... I am ready to have the same schedule as others, have a room less than the seemingly 5 miles from the main building that I am now, and work with other teachers who are excited to share ideas and work as a team. I talk to other new teachers at my school and they love it - amazing what being around teachers and in a "teacher clique", instead of being secluded in a portable can do for your opinion!
Okay, well I'll stop at that! I love you all! - Anne
No comments:
Post a Comment