I hope everyone reading this had a good Thanksgiving. Taylor and I kinda bummed around, enjoyed the sunshine (it's beautiful and sunny today too!), and prepared food. We had a co-worker/friend of his over to eat with us, and it was kind of funny because he is from an Indian background (real India, not "Indian" Native American) and he kinda poked at stuff and asked questions about it.
He'd never eaten American Thanksgiving foods because he'd always been with his family and his mom would just cook a special Indian dish for them on Thanksgiving day. So, we introduced him to sweet potatoes which he liked the most, corn casserole, green bean casserole, and pecan pie. He liked everything and concluded that American Thanksgiving foods are all about sugar. Taylor told him not to forget fat, but he didn't experience that as much since he doesn't eat meat. Anyway, it was good. The three of us enjoyed sitting around and talking for a while after that.
Only 4 more weeks before we're home for Christmas! I think it'll go by fast and I'm ready to go home. I keep hoping it'll be warmer than here in Dallas and OK when we're back. I'm still subbing in Everett and had a dream last night that they wanted to hire me full-time. I wish. Taylor's ready to be out of the job he's in and actually has an interview this coming Tuesday. He's excited about the possibility. The job he's going to interview for is in a different part of Boeing and would be east of Seattle, 45 minutes from here NOT including traffic, so we would definitely move further south if he gets it.
I guess that's about all I have on my mind. It's time for breakfast and a hot shower after that. Taylor is at work (boooo) and called to say the roads are icy today. We don't plan to join the shopping chaos today, so I'm hoping we can just drive around in the sunshine and look at the mountains. I love the view here. :)
The view out our apartment right now. You can see Mt. Baker in the distance. We can see it better but the camera obviously can't. We're getting a digital SLR camera soon though!
No comments:
Post a Comment