On to the better stuff... We bought a couch and here it is:
After visiting furniture stores for a week or so, we found one that Taylor found sufficiently comfy and I found sufficiently cute. Comfy and cute - that's what I like. We were between this one and one that was as red as the pillows we bought, but I was afraid that even though I loved the red now, it would only be for a phase. So, we compromised by buying the off-whitish one and getting some fun red pillows. I like it. The only worry is that it's color will attract dirtiness, but it's made of microfiber suede and they claim everything wipes right off of it. We'll see.This morning when I took Taylor to work the sky was cloudy and spitting "rain". (That's about all you can call it). Yet, on the radio they were still predicting a sunny day. We were talking about it, and Taylor said, "I have a feeling if you don't like the weather in Seattle, you wait twenty minutes and see if you like it better then." Sure enough, by the time I got back home it was "raining" hard enough that I would've liked to have been wearing something with a hood, and now it's changed to this:
That's the view from our little balcony. It's the leasing office, etc. They have a computer lab complete with a printer/copier, a 24 hour fitness center, and a nice cabana. We see people swimming in the pool almost every day, but I'm not sure why or how they do it. I guess it is mostly kids. It definitely hasn't been hot here yet. We did test the hot tub, and I'm a fan. AND, we've actually been utilizing the fitness center. Yes, us. Working out. Wow, I'm proud. Watch out, we're gonna be buff.We've been slowly getting the apartment in order, and it has come a ways. Taylor fixed this up for us a couple days ago, and now we can utilize the space in our closet on the balcony better:
I'm a fan. Hopefully we'll get to do something fun (like maybe go pick strawberries and blueberries at someone's farm!!!) this weekend, and I can post pictures of it next week. We have joined a Bible study with a 20s-30s group from one of the churches we've visited, and we've enjoyed being connected with other believers.We even saw a YOUNG, MARRIED, WITHOUT KIDS couple last Tuesday when we were there! This is more exciting than you know! It seems like all you can find at churches (until you dig deep) are married couples who are 28-35 with toddlers. Nothing against them, we're just not there yet. Okay, I'm done now. Love you all! - Anne
No comments:
Post a Comment