


(Olympic Mtns. pic from the internet)
It's really hitting me today that summer's about over. My Photography class came to a close last Wednesday and now my time is going totally towards the job hunting. I did have an interview last week. Apparently it went really well, I was "a close second", and the only thing that kept me from getting the job was that the other girl had more experience. Definitely encouraging and disappointing at the same time. Yet, I know in my heart that it wasn't what God wanted and isn't the spot for me. I did build a number of connections through the process of meeting people and everything though.Today I'm working on getting all my paperwork in for subbing in case I still don't have a job when school starts. (School doesn't start here until after Labor Day). I just got a call from one of the women with a school district here and she wanted to schedule an interview to sub in their district for tomorrow at 2pm. She has been very sweet and encouraging - ready to help and assuring me that the interview won't be a big deal since I'm obviously qualified.
Funny how HR people can make or break your feelings about a district. There's a district up here that I'm having a really hard time with due to their HR department, and it's hard to even want to teach there. I keep trying to remind myself that I can't judge schools by their district's HR, but it gets hard. My experiences with this district have included a repeatedly snooty receptionist who seems to look down on me just because, a frustrating application process, and now apparently I've been told my application is complete when it wasn't. They asked for ONLY my placement file and now they're saying it isn't good enough. Stupid. Frustrating.

I'm constantly coming up with new ideas of what I can do if teaching doesn't work out for me. Of course with my newfound Photography skills, as well as some Videography skills from my past, I'm usually thinking of some creative profession I could dive into. A couple weeks ago it was working for the National Geographic, visiting crazy places, and taking amazing pictures. Taylor says it wouldn't be fair for me to have all the fun, so I assure him that he can work alongside me. Yesterday I thought of a new idea though... We can be the "Anne Taylor - no longer just women's clothing" greeting card company! I can use my Photoshop skills to make funny pictures and Taylor can write the funny captions/messages inside the cards. I think we could do it! Here's a sample of what I can do:

No comments:
Post a Comment