Thursday, July 19, 2007

Photography Class

I'm really liking my photography class and thought I'd show off some of my best pictures so far. The first part of my first assignment was to show shallow depth of field, where one thing in the picture is focused and the background behind it is out of focus. This is the flower I chose to edit and print:


Here's a runner up that I really liked, but didn't print:
(Yes, I love red).

The other half of our first assignment was to print a picture with full depth of field, meaning that everything in the picture is in focus. I thought these rocks were really cool and the white streaks and pieces in them were actually marble. This is the one I chose to print:



The rocks above were at the Deception Pass beach. Here is a picture I took of Deception Pass and the bridge above:


I edited all these pictures just by adjusting contrast and color. I know how to lighten the trees on the above picture and could edit it better at school, in their computer lab, but I haven't quite figured it out on our computer. We have a free knock-off of Adobe Photoshop, and it's set up a little differently.

Just for fun, I thought I'd show that even what little I know about editing so far can really change a picture. I thought this was cool. Here's my original picture:


Now here's what I can do just by playing with contrast and color:



All this to say, I'm really enjoying my photography class. It's fun to learn how to take good pictures and then tweak them the way I want. Oh, and Deception Pass was given its name because of the unexpected strength of its currents.

I'd love to have your feedback and know who's actually reading this! Email Taylor or me to let us know. I may try to start sending out emails notifying everyone of updates as soon as I can gather everyone's emails into one place.

Love ya!

Anne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! When do the pic's go on sale? Dad